Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 25: Durham

The rain did not rain today.  Just when I was beginning to make my peace with it.  Such a tease.

After a relaxed morning (sleeping in, a few chores, computer stuff, reading a bit, etc.) I convinced Caroline to head out with me for a quick explore of the University's Botanic Garden.  It's just a short walk away.  We ended up spending about 2 hours there, even though not much is blooming. 


there were lots of lovely tulips in pots...  fading but still gorgeous

Unfortunately I have to pay £4 to get in so I doubt I'll be back much, but Caroline will go back with her camera and Chris, who can get in free with his "campus card".

timers are really helpful

 

huge old beech trees growing on a steep slope


they made a lot of noise when we showed up...  "baa--baa--baa"

The best part was the meadow full of sheep.  So English.